If you would like to learn how to play the guitar professionally, then it is of utmost importance to choose a good guitar teacher. But how do you choose from so many guitar teachers and how do you determine if he/she is right for you?
Guitar Teachers and Guitar Lessons
A good guitar teacher is not only trained to play the guitar but is also good in the art of teaching the instrument. This person should be able to take you from the level of novice to mastery while making it fun and memorable.
Since it takes time to learn the guitar, so you will need quite a few guitar lessons to get the full hang of playing the guitar before you are even ready to play for the public. In addition to selecting a suitable and good private guitar teacher, you should also be focused and disciplined enough to dedicate time and money to regular and private guitar lessons. Failure to do so could cause bad habits that affect your ability to play the guitar well and result in you wasting precious time and money.
Traits of a Good Guitar Teacher
When selecting a good guitar teacher, there are certain things you should look for. These include:
- Verifiable qualifications: A well-learned private guitar teacher should possess highly rated diplomas, certificates and degrees. While good credentials will not guarantee a good guitar teacher, you will be better able to judge their level of knowledge.
- Years of experience: The more years your guitar teacher has been playing the guitar for, the better. Like fine wine, playing the guitar gets better with time so a teacher with more experience is more likely to have more knowledge to offer.
- Skill level: Highly skilled guitar players are able to please their audiences in more ways than one as they can make the instrument do things that may be unexpected. Learning such skills can only enhance your own craft.
- A good personality: Your private guitar teacher should be easy to talk to. You need to ensure the one who will be teaching you is positive, patient, attentive and motivational.
- Experience with other instruments: While this is not a must, most good guitar teachers will also have experience playing other instruments. This makes them well-rounded and possibly more apt at teaching you the subject.
- A passion for music: The best teachers in any subject are those who are passionate about what they do. A good guitar teacher has a flair for playing and teaching, resulting in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for the students.
Why Hire Our Guitar Teachers
At Guitar Lessons Singapore, our public and private guitar teachers are not only highly-trained and certified, they also believe in making guitar lessons fun and enjoyable. We aim to make it a life-changing experience, rather than just to get a certificate.
In addition, we can provide complete training at an affordable cost for beginners and those who want to advance their skills. Both children and adults are all welcome for our private guitar lessons. To sign up for our adult guitar lessons or children guitar lessons, fill up the contact form on the right.